If there is a way to make a bad situation worse, it is to have a bad attitude about it. Against Bitterness I used to have an attitude of "Why do I keep doing this?" "I dislike myself for doing this", and so on. When repeated failure is not handled, and the one common factor is you, bad things can tend to happen. While it may be cathartic for a short period, it sets a bad example in the long-term. You grow to expect the worst for yourself, to expect you alone will guarantee the powerlessness of your best desires. The only response is never useful, only more and more poisonous feeling poured on it. Ultimately, one ends up becoming a shell of a man, using all of his energy to wail and moan of the past's tragedies (assuming they are; in my case, it looks doubly ridiculous considering I'm 19), blind to the obvious answer and yet addicted to his short-term relief despite what harm it does him. (And the short-term relief is no greater evil in self-improvement!) An...
Why is all of my money going into the Craver pension fund? Why is all of my attention going into useless sites? I've had a long history of dealing with distractions. To do something worthwhile is to kill distraction, but it is also mildly unpleasant to do. I'll seek here to document WHY this occurs (which is not just one cause), and to then inform of ways to solve it. WHY Cause one. Guilt from self-improvement failure resulting in sense of control violation, resulting in cynicism, lower happiness, thus demand for plesbutton. Cause two. Incorrect either anticipation, association, or reflectionism regarding good activities, and a incorrectly favorable view regarding bad activities. Because the brain does pleasure math, it always picks the winner, and without large guilt expenses (presently) this is always the bad activity. Cause three. Bad suppression of proximity. When two activities, the ones I want, and the ones that happen are put together, the ones that happen are more pl...
I'll dig up some genuinely impressive observations, of which I find use for everyday. These are all derived from aeolipera.wordpress.com. For the sake of good sporting, I'll be deriving this from my quote collection instead of directly from his blog. Except for this one: Plus, something I’ve learned over and over is that most of what we assume is mental is actually just physical health. Oh and I very much agree that the best way to have lasting magic in one’s life is to be capable and competent at dealing with problems and overcoming obstacles, rather than to pretend they don’t exist- as some people seem to think. (Is this Mental Outlaw's?) I think pain is our primary connection to the real world, i.e. the difference between dreaming and being awake (or “woke” ;D). One of the consequences of this is that pain produces fear, fear produces reflection, anticipation, and forethought, these produce causal thinking, and causal thinking produces wisdom…leading inevitably to my pr...
Comments
Post a Comment