Minimizing self focus for readability, in a self-focused blog.

In the previous article, I intended to discuss the necessary self-focus, but was derailed due to my mental complaint of narcissism. In this, I will discuss further now the complaint has been resolved.

In the spirit of experiment, I intend to write this blog in a professional, a sort of bold-and-determined fashion. In that sense, my articles, while from myself, and intended for myself, will also be intended for the hypothetical third viewer. This leads back to the earlier premise for the other article, which is quite simply how much self focus this third viewer would stand before he leaves (which lead to the complaint of narcissism). Because this blog has the intention of advising, similarly to a self-help blog of another caliber, it must not be overly self-focused, but with a key focus on the reader, and assisting in his problems.

Simply put, instead of being internal memos to myself, they must be like scientific reports, from my own experience, discussing what solutions I have learned to what problems, how to execute, when, et cetera.

There is not a great deal of complexity in this, other than the personal pet peeve of I getting overused. Don't use I, use passive or collective voice. Maintain a focus on the outside reader, rather than myself, explain terminology and referenced theory components.

I have a good excuse for not bending over backwards to make this happen; first it is from my experience, and second it is directed mainly at myself. However, in order to make this experiment work, and to make sure the content is readable to a wider audience, I will make a reasonable effort in that regard. The information here is useful, and if someone finds it, they shouldn't be put off by easily avoidable problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do I write, and how do I write well?

MindForger advanced facts